Journey to Baha

Archive for April 2009

Time for a status update:

There is nothing to update.

There, that was easy. It’s not as simple as all that, though. I was getting impatient, so I called the Surgical Coordinator to check our progress. While she hedged adamantly that these are only estimates and there is absolutely nothing within her power to keep to this timetable, it was nice to get a general idea of how much longer we’ll probably be waiting. Apparently, we are right on schedule and things should be headed to the insurance company for approval soon (hopefully within the next couple weeks).

  1. It takes 2-3 months for the Surgical Coordinator to receive the full workup and reports from the Audiology department. (this is where we are now)
  2. It then takes another 2-3 months to receive insurance approval from most insurers.

I was hoping the hospital would be able to do things a little quicker on their end, but overall I want it done right so we can hopefully be approved on the first try and not have to apeal. It’s nice to have something to look forward to and she’s promised to call and let me know when it goes to the insurance for approval.


I am starting to feel forgotten about by the hospital. It has been nearly 2 months and we still have no word from Surgical Boarding. I supposed we’re still in “no news is good news” territory, since we haven’t been rejected either, but sheesh! Throw a girl a bone here and keep me updated. I think I’m going to break down and call the clinic tomorrow and see if they have any news on our progress. Even an estimate of how long the process should take would be nice. It  would give me some light at the end of the tunnel. As we are now, we have no idea if it will be weeks, months or ever. Argh!

Flickr Photos